Join one of New Zealand’s prominent transport companies who has joined the movement towards a more sustainable, economically friendly and positive environmental New Zealand. They are focused on building up the New Zealand economy and supporting our communities with a goal to make our land of the long white cloud, carbon neutral by 2050.
Based in Wellington, you will drive the sustainability capabilities for projects starting with the Interislander upgrade (iREX) project of work spanning a 3 year timeframe. You will lead the sustainability delivery within the Programme, utilising the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) framework and Infrastructure Sustainability rating tool.
- Leading the process to receive Infrastructure Sustainability Council Australia (ISCA) ratings.
- Driving the development and implementation of the Sustainability Management System, including review and continual improvement of the Sustainability Plan and Implementation Plan
- Providing specialist sustainability advice and guidance to the programme team
- Ensuring that timely reporting and analysis is provided on programme sustainability for insights to support decision and business improvement
- Developing and implementing community education strategies
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant understanding and experience in the sustainability or environmental fields accompanied with a strong passion and ability to manage people/ project requirements.
- Someone with confidence and fantastic interpersonal skills who can advocate for all things sustainability/ environmental.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Access to discounted travel, health insurance & holiday houses across NZ as part of our Staff Welfare Trust.
Make this role your own with the opportunity to lead the design and delivery of a high profile and iconic programme that will form a legacy for future generations. Apply now or call Laura on 027 800 0257 for more information.