Like You, We’re Proudly Building New Zealand! It’s something we are proud to have been a trusted part of, for over 90 years and counting. Every day, passionate and dedicated people come together as an industry to help build healthy, sustainable homes, creating a better future for all New Zealanders.
GIB® Plasterboard is the number one choice by customers in New Zealand. Our quality and reliable products, along with our unparalleled service and support is what sets us apart. When you start with us, you will learn that we are all brought together by the passion we have for putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Reporting to the Program Manager this 18 month fixed term contract will see you assist the project team to develop a best practice approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, whilst supporting the decommissioning of the Auckland site. In addition to this you will;
- Coordinate and record all statutory compliance for health and safety in accordance with current regulations
- Support and manage all H&S policies, procedures, and processes for the project
- Analyse and resolve problems, develop opportunities, and implement innovative solutions/approaches
- Produce and maintain statistics of all accident’s incidents and near misses
To be successful you will come from a similar role within the industrial, construction or building industries and have at least 6 years’ technical health and safety skills and experience, in addition to this you will have;
- A tertiary qualification in health & safety
- Demonstrate knowledge of health and safety legislation, codes of practice and WorkSafe policies and guidelines
- Previous experience of working with management systems, policies and procedures
- Decommissioning experience, and have spent time working in a project office
- Strong influencing skills, confidence and the ability to engage and motivate others
This is a career opportunity that offers challenge, variety and scope! The role is designed to attract candidates of superior calibre and it includes some awesome benefits and perks that comes as part of a large construction and building materials company. If you would like to learn more please check out www.gibopportunities.co.nz or click apply now to submit your expression of interest. If you have any queries please email Tessa Phillips at email@example.com
Alexander James Construct proudly supporting as recruitment partners for all GIB Tauriko opportunities