About our clients
At Alexander James Construct, we partner with companies who align with our core values and ethics, but what does this mean for you? In short, we only work with clients who make it a priority to work closely with their teams to ensure that they are satisfied in their jobs. Companies who put employee wellbeing at the forefront of what they do, and those who are keen to work side by side with their employees to develop and help them progress both personally and professionally.
With these nationwide partnerships, come nationwide office locations, so there is lots of flexibility with where you live.
As an estimator, you will support the bid and tendering process of construction projects based nationwide. You will price, coordinate and work around estimating costs of projects including materials, labour, equipment hire, transport costs and everything in between. In addition to this you will;
- Identify local market opportunities and contribute to the overall development of the business.
- Obtain, review and asses tender opportunities, and submit requests for approval to prepare tenders.
- Undertake site visits and determine construction methodology in conjunction with the wider business.
- Contribute to the compilation of tender risk and opportunity registers
- Hand-over key tender documentation and briefing the wider team upon obtaining a successful contract.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in an estimating role, within a civil or commercial based company. In addition to this, you will have;
- Proven ability to interpret documents, drawings and take-off quantities.
- Demonstrated experience in compiling tender submissions or detailed business reports.
- A high level of computer literacy including the use of estimating software.
- The ability to work closely with the wider business but also the ability to work autonomously to deliver the desired outcomes.
- A strong focus on growth and development including training and upskilling to help you achieve your goals.
- Our clients have multiple partnerships with some amazing companies including but not limited to Air New Zealand, Lumino Dentists, PB tech, Southern Cross, and MANY more.
- Flexible ways of working with wellbeing at the forefront of how they operate.
- Above market salaries with a vehicle or vehicle allowances.
If you are self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic and have commitment and drive as part of your work philosophy then we want to hear from you. Apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Call or email Cameron (022 154 9487) (email@example.com) if you would like to discuss this role further!