Like You, We’re Proudly Building New Zealand! It’s something we are proud to have been a trusted part of, for over 90 years and counting. Every day, passionate and dedicated people come together as an industry to help build healthy, sustainable homes, creating a better future for all New Zealanders.
GIB® Plasterboard is the number one choice by customers in New Zealand. Our quality and reliable products, along with our unparalleled service and support is what sets us apart. When you start with us, you will learn that we are all brought together by the passion we have for putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experience, safety conscious Site Supervisor to join the team on a 10 – 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager this role will see you provide safety leadership whilst managing the interface between multiple contractors. In addition to this you will;
- Establish a site movement plan outlining site access, storage capability and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
- Monitor compliance with Company policies and legal regulations by inspecting mechanical, electrical and civil tasks
- Ensure that any incidents on site are properly investigated, documented and reported
- Coach, mentor and implement the Company’s health and safety program in the field
- Ensure all reporting requirements, including, drug testing, safety JSA’s, risk assessments and meths statements are monitored and archived
To be successful in this role you will be a team orientated Supervisor who has a solid health and safety focus. You will have 7+ years’ site management experience on large scale construction projects, in addition to this you will;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of the building process from start to finish, methods and materials
- Have strong knowledge of site safety procedures and practices (Health & Safety accreditation or equivalent is advantageous)
- Be a confident and engaging individual, who can motivate others and who has strong influencing skills
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative, diplomacy, resourcefulness, and resilience, in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Well established communication and interpersonal skills
This is a career opportunity that offers challenge, variety and scope! The role is designed to attract candidates of superior calibre and it includes some awesome benefits and perks that comes as part of a large construction and building materials company. If you would like to learn more please check out www.gibopportunities.co.nz or click apply now to submit your expression of interest. If you have any queries please email Tessa Phillips at email@example.com
Alexander James Construct proudly supporting as recruitment partners for all GIB Tauriko opportunities